Posted on: November 14, 2023
# of Openings
Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich
history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American
family-owned company with operations in the United States and
around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double
digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the
most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including
Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac
Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range
of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O.,
Myers's, Goldschlager, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our
Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in
Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned
the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the
dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're
a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides
extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries
and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
The Glenmore Distillery has been a fixture in the Owensboro
Community since the late 1800s. Originally called the Monarch
Distillery, James Thompson re-named it The Glenmore Distillery
after the Glenmore Castle near his birthplace in County Derry,
Northern Ireland. During Prohibition, The Glenmore Distillery was
fortunate enough to be one of four distilleries in the country
allowed to operate on a limited scale for medicinal necessity.
Surviving tragedies such as flood and fire, the distillery went on
to fill its two millionth barrel of whiskey in 1946. In 1973 it was
producing 540 barrels a day. Although distilling operations ceased
in 1973, bottling and warehousing continued at The Glenmore
Distillery. In March of 2009 the Sazerac Company purchased the
distillery and reprised the name The Glenmore Distillery. The
Distillery boasts one of the largest and most modern bottling
facilities in the country and continues to be a sizable employer in
the city of Owensboro, KY. For more information, please visit
The Laboratory Technician evaluates ingredients and finished
products to ensure both meet specifications. Additionally, performs
audits on the manufacturing floor and supplies feedback to
frontline team members on quality results and performance.
Participates in problem solving activities. This role will work on
a night shift 2-2-3 schedule. Responsibilities: Monitors proofing
and other specifications necessary in approving the quality of
- Analyzes and approves flavors.
- Oversees record keeping of laboratory tests and results.
- Provides organoleptic testing of line and tank samples.
- Tests raw materials for quality.
- Performs water analysis.
- Prepares, calibrates and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Monitors all outgoing products for compliance with quality
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Chemistry or related degree
- 1-3 years of Lab/QC or related experience
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and
Outlook) Bachelor's Degree:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in the Alcoholic Beverage industry or CPG
Keywords: Sazerac, Owensboro , Laboratory Technician, Professions , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!