APPLICATIONS ANALYST II - BUSINESS APPLICATIONS TEAM (Owensboro,KY)
Company: Owensboro Health
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Summary Job SummaryAssists in the development and support of
clinical/business applications, solutions, and business processes
to meet the operational and application needs of the organization.
Ensures effective systems operations by providing end user support,
troubleshooting application issues, issue resolution, and
communications. Evaluates, redesigns, and standardizes workflows
and processes to achieve organizational goals and successful
- Acts as the application champion by liaising with business
stakeholders, application vendors, and other technical/functional
teams to understand and analyze complex business problems and
provide cost effective and efficient solutions using information
- Responsible as the application subject matter expert to be the
liaison between operations and the other IT teams.
- Investigates user problems and needs, identifies their source,
and determines possible solutions.
- Analyzes user project proposals to include identifying
potential problem areas and recommends optimum approaches for
- Proactively monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of all
applications and recommends opportunities for improvements.
- Facilitates the maintenance and support of applications and
other systems assigned to the team.
- Provides break-fix support to analyze and interpret normal and
abnormal software behavior.
- Troubleshoots unexpected results (interface, data integrity,
set up, etc.), to resolve, document, and negate the recurrence of
applications issues and failures.
- Escalates break-fix issues to vendor support when
troubleshooting does not resolve the issue.
- Escalates to management and project managers regarding
break-fix and other tasks within requested timeframes.
- Develops and executes application testing, including test
scripts, documentation of results, and integration testing.
- Develops training strategy and content to educate users on
system functionalities specific to their area of operation,
facilitates one-on-one training sessions, train-the-trainer
sessions, and group training sessions.
- Assists in the implementation of policies and practices to
ensure the privacy, confidentiality, and security of patient
information and to maintain data integrity.
- Assists in security design for assigned application
- Remains abreast of trends and developments in information
technology and associated software.
- Analyzes vendor released content and provides validation of the
data for reporting, Decision Support and Analytics.
- Assists in the coaching and mentoring of less experienced team
- Proficient with and fully supports the IT project management
- Provides on-site and/or telephone support in accordance with
organizational needs - in a periodic, rotating 24x7 on-call
- Analyzes vendor content as it is released in order to determine
impact to end users, recommend needed changes to workflows,
enhancement requests to the vendor, and estimate resource needs to
- High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or
higher required upon hire
- A minimum of 4 years' relevant experience required
- No licensure/certification/registration requiredSkills and
- Extensive knowledge of information systems technology,
processes, procedures, and application software.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Ability to communicate and present information
- Demonstrates good organization and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skill necessary to make sound
recommendations based on data analysis.
- Ability to collaboratively work with diverse groups of
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to
partner with customers and guide them through challenging
- Standing: Occasionally
- Walking: Occasionally
- Sitting: Frequently
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Never
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Never
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Never
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Never
- Climbing: Rarely
- Bending/Stooping: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Crouching/Crawling: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Occasionally
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Never
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Never
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: FrequentlyOwensboro Health Core
CommitmentsINTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of
responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously
the trust of our patients and coworkers.RESPECT - We value and
accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient,
customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.TEAMWORK
- We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving
together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate
accomplishments and plan the future.INNOVATION - We foster original
ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and
promote the mission of Owensboro Health.SERVICE - We focus on
service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating
their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually
improving the quality of everything we do.EXCELLENCE - We reach
beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness,
produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.
Keywords: Owensboro Health, Owensboro , APPLICATIONS ANALYST II - BUSINESS APPLICATIONS TEAM (Owensboro,KY), Professions , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!