Research Assistant - Bilingual, Remote, Per-Diem
Company: Boston Medical Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Principal
Investigator and Project Coordinator for assigned research studies,
the Research Assistant will perform research activities using
approved techniques. Conducts patient recruitment, administers
questionnaires, gathers case samples/abstracts medical records,
maintains patient databases, performs administrative tasks, assists
in grant preparation, performs literature searches and participates
with the research team in preparation of data and other reports.
May also assist the principal investigator with translation to
Spanish, interpreting experimental results, and in preparing and
writing manuscripts. Position: Research Assistant Department:
Research - Pediatrics Schedule: Part Time, Per-Diem, Remote
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Calls potential study participants to tell more about the
- Interviews caregivers of young children using provided
- Abstraction of data and data entry to medical charts
- Enter data from interviews and chart review into data
collection computer program
- Conforms to hospital standards of performance and conduct,
including those pertaining to patient rights, so that the best
possible customer service and patient care may be provided.
- Utilizes the hospital's behavioral standards as the basis for
decision making and to facilitate the hospital's goals and
- Follows established hospital infection control and safety
- Perform other duties as needed or as assigned.
- Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards. JOB
DESCRIPTION CHARACTERISTICS Education:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Applicants with research experience who have not yet completed
a bachelor's degree may be considered. Certificates, Licenses,
- None Experience:
- Experience in a related field is preferred. Knowledge and
- Bilingual candidate required, fluent in spoken and written
English and Spanish.
- High level of cultural sensitivity and experience working with
multi-cultural, and low-income populations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS Word,
Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web browsers.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Must be comfortable discussing sensitive issues with patients;
must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of all
personal/health-sensitive information. Associated topics: dietary,
drug, healthcare, histology, immunohematology, medicine,
metabolism, microbiological, toxicologist, transfection
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Owensboro , Research Assistant - Bilingual, Remote, Per-Diem, Other , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!