Action Pest Control Route Service Technician
Posted on: September 13, 2021
1229 Sweeney St., Owensboro, Kentucky 42303
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our
associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud,
dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and
professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an
employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
A pplies company pesticide products to residential locations on
assigned route according to schedule and as needed based on service
requests; primarily performs general pest control work; calls
customers to set schedule and confirm planned services; completes
required production forms; assists in sales to current
1. Applies company pesticide products to the interior and exterior
of residential locations according to schedule, safety procedures,
label instructions, and as needed based on service requests.
2. Drives company vehicle to customers' houses or places of
3. Calls customers to schedule and confirm scheduled services.
4. Manages completion, schedule, and maintenance of assigned
5. Responds on a timely basis to customers' requests for telephone
and in-person service calls.
6. Completes required production forms at end of daily route.
7. Maintains vehicle and equipment in clean and proper operating
8. Assists in sales to current customers through contact on
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma/GED or 6 months to 1-year related
experience and/or training in horticulture and/or customer service
or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Attainment of license and/or certification may be required
according to federal, state or local government regulation
- Requires extensive local driving. Valid, permanent driver's
license from state of residence, and an acceptable driving record
per company standards are required. Must be able to obtain and
maintain a valid DOT medical card. Must be 19 years of age by date
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Maintains licenses/certificates as required by federal, state,
or local regulations.
- Maintains a valid driver's license.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
An associate that is physically active, works indoors/outdoors,
interacts with customers, and may be exposed to foreign substances
Regularly required to:
- Sit or stand
- Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period
- Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
- Speak and hear
- Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral,
depth and focus
- Lift up to 50 lbs independently
- Push and pull equipment
Occasionally required to:
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme
cold, extreme heat or wet conditions
- Subject to exposure to animals and insects
- Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety
- Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage
diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities. To learn more, Click Here or to request an
application accommodation, Click Here .
California Residents: for information on personal data we collect
as part of the application process, Click Here .
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
By providing my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call
or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone
dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss
possible employment opportunities, my account, including current
and possible future services, customer service and billing. I
understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to
inquire about or apply for employment or purchase services, and
that I may revoke this permission at any time.
Keywords: TruGreen, Owensboro , Action Pest Control Route Service Technician, Other , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!