Company: Asahi Kasei America
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a
facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will
enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the
exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with
a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are
creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job
opening at Daramic where we develop and manufacture advanced
lead-acid battery separators that are driving innovation in
transportation and industrial applications with cars, trucks,
forklifts, and golf carts as well as ESS.
- Oversee assigned process area and provide technical expertise
to support line operators in maximizing rates, yield and
- Troubleshoot and resolve new or existing product/process
problems to improve overall plant performance and output
- Apply continuous improvement methodologies like lean and six
sigma to improve quality, reliability and manufacturing
- Identify opportunities for improvement throughout the
manufacturing process using data analysis and statistics
- Designs, plans layout, and oversees workers engaged in
constructing, controlling, and improving equipment to carry out
- Analyze operating procedures and equipment and machinery
functions to reduce processing time and cost.
- Prepare and/or update process documentation such as standard
operating procedures, process specifications and PFMEAs to ensure
safety, standardization and efficiency.
- Train production personnel on new or updated documentation in a
- Perform tests and takes measurements throughout stages of
production to determine degree of control over variables such as
temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure.
- Review product design to ensure good manufacturability and
- Analyze data throughout the various stages of production to
determine process control and capability for defined critical
process parameters such as temperature, specific gravity, and
- Maintain focus on safety throughout all projects and
- Lead product trial execution and production improvements in
yield and uptimes.
- Monitor day to day alarms, parameters and EHS deviation to
standard to identify corrective actions optimize performance.
- Audit operations personnel to ensure adherence to standard
operation procedures and specifications
- Serve as the manufacturing representative for capital
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a
global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal
Keywords: Asahi Kasei America, Owensboro , Production Engineer, Other , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!