Electrical Engineer (Automation)
Electrical Engineer (Automation)
Captain of your own mind
We're looking for individuals who solve problems and make
decisions based on their own observations and experience - people
who have the confidence to handle issues as they arise - people who
are the really valuable contributors. If you're a responsible
person who knows when to push the boundaries, we're interested.
Provide technical expertise and support in the implementation
and optimization of the SMOM (Smart Manufacturing Operation
Management) systems platform and associated processes to support
The person is a recognized resource for SMOM and possesses high
standards of professional performance. Leads and delivers the
analysis, design, configuration, customization, testing, deployment
and support for applications and technology within a specified
business process area. Performs leading-edge work and develops
innovative approaches/solutions. This role is viewed as an expert
in complex application environments, encompassing both business
process understanding and technical expertise. Key personal skills
include analyzing, flexibility, initiative, personal development,
technical knowledge, tenacity and written communications. Key team
skills include oral communication, organizing and personal
KCP Regional SMOM Team, Mill Managers, Engineering Teams, IT
Specialists, GSC Digital Manufacturing Team
Receives work direction from the Digital Transformation Leader
and reports through the mill organization.
People with hands-on experience influence many of our most
We believe that no one understands the needs and challenges of
everyday jobs better than the people who actually perform them.
That's why your point of view is considered when decisions are made
as to what is working and what can be made better. Our diverse,
welcoming environment assures that every person is appreciated,
respected, and offered growth opportunities in return for their
unique perspectives and skills. Got ideas? We'd like to hear from
- Bachelor's degree. Professional experience with a minimum of
3-5 years of Information Technology or Engineering experience
including working directly with business clients.
- Experience of leading assigned IT Projects and/or
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems (ie GE Plant Apps,
OSI PI Historian, etc) and manufacturing operations based IT
- Possess or demonstrate the ability to learn SAP ERP
- Thorough knowledge of Windows 10 operating systems.
- Detailed knowledge and advanced ability in MS Office.
- Detailed knowledge and advanced capability in process controls
(PLC/SCADA/HMI) and IIoT.
- Detailed knowledge of electrical and systems safety.
- Ability to identify and solve computer hardware/software
- Ability to self-manage with little direct supervision.
- Acceptable performance level (including attendance).
- Be available by phone to respond to call-ins for service and be
available to travel for business needs.
- Experience with deploying and driving execution via performance
measurement, benchmarking, and related visual management.
- Ability to work in a virtual team which may work across
distance (remote), cultures and time zones, in a matrix with
multiple reporting lines, and may extend outside the K-C
organization including suppliers, partners and customers.
Dimension: Varies widely, depending on project scope and sector
- Provide technical and operational expertise to achieve quick
and timely solutions to SMOM related problems within all site asset
- Provide day to day support for SMOM requests and trouble-shoot
issues impacting system functionality or integrity.
- Ensure the success of SMOM by providing technical expertise and
effective facilitation of the process.
- Develop and maintain data flows into SMOM (manual entries, PLC
inputs, etc.) for generating information from SMOM (reports,
dashboards etc.) to drive improved. visibility and faster decision
making for asset teams, engineers and site leadership.
- Provide support for developing and implementing plans and
programs for sustaining the long term growth of SMOM to meet sector
- Gain and sustain SMOM knowledge by obtaining appropriate
training and through interaction with corporate Digital
- Communicate (through monthly reports, outstanding project
lists, task status summaries, etc.) all relevant SMOM issues to
provide key stakeholder information.
- Ensure all system documentation is maintained, kept up to date
- Contribute as a technical team member to various situations,
projects and activities not included in other principal
accountabilities to assist in the accomplishment of established
- Build organizational capability in digital manufacturing
through key user training and support.
- Drive evolution of digital transformation journey through new
technology and capability introduction and implementation.
- Ownership of best practices around KCP Industrial Control
Systems, OPC Interfaces, Modbus, RS Linx, etc.
- Work within a manufacturing environment with an understanding
of KPI's, Operation Efficiency (OEE).
- Provide hands on support, additionally responsible for
gathering business requirements for system enhancements.
- Coordination of mill specific projects relating to MES &
integration to existing & new systems.
- Lead problem-solving with the ability to collaborate and
communicate at all levels.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure hardware components,
Servers, Networking, Firewalls. Experience of scanner / handheld &
- Initiative - Influencing events to achieve goals, originating
action, introducing one's thoughts or actions into a
- Analyzing - Systematically securing relevant information,
relating and comparing data from different sources, and identifying
- Tenacity - Staying with a plan of action until the desired
objective is achieved or is no longer reasonable attainable.
- Communication - Exceptional communication skills with verbal
and written fluency in English.
- Planning - Developing programs of action to accomplish
- Integrity - Maintaining ethical and organizational norms.
- Thoroughness - Completing and maintaining accuracy of even the
smallest aspects of assigned tasks.
- Creativity - Generating or recognizing imaginative solutions
and innovations in work related situations.
- Personal Sensitivity - Demonstrating a consideration for the
feelings and needs of others and awareness of self.
- Project / Change Management - Adhering to a plan, finding
problem cause, and modifying the plan when necessary to achieve the
desired results. Facilitating acceptance of change through change
- Technical/Functional - Demonstrating overall job knowledge,
along with the willingness and ability to apply that knowledge to
achieve results and contribute to team growth.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an
indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries.
Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's
population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to
enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as
Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend,
Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80
countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we
believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their
best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come
Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive
organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of
its team members to brands that make life better for people all
around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that
reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your
original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success
of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information,
citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work performed by employees assigned to this
classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required
for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical
Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to
perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the
country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does
not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its
sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work
authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all
roles are suitable for sponsorship.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate
for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work
authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C's
applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will be
decided in K-C's sole discretion.