MANAGER OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
Company: Owensboro Health
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Provides daily operational oversight and leadership for department
- Develops and implements accounting policies and procedures for
the processing and reporting of accounts payable.
- Serves as resource/liaison to respond to needs of internal
management and external auditors and consultants to meet
information needs and to ensure that proper information is
maintained for historical purposes.
- Assesses technical and professional education needs of the
staff and develops or provides educational resources to meet those
- Determines work priorities, assigns and assists in scheduling
workloads, and monitors quantity and quality of work.
- Performs all accounts payable functions and perform if
necessary in staff absence.
- Works with materials management on workflow efficiencies.
- Responsible for various reporting including but not limited to
- Plans, organizes, and controls process flow to ensure timely
- Communicates with team members, physicians, patients, and
administrative staff in a courteous and professional manner.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) in the AP solution
software for workflow and invoice/payment processing.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting required upon hire
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration required
upon hire OR
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance required upon hire
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field required upon
- A combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience required
- No licensure/certification/registration required
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Excellent oral, written, communication, and analytical
- Standing: Occasionally
- Walking: Occasionally
- Sitting: Frequently
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Never
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Never
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Never
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Never
- Climbing: Rarely
- Bending/Stooping: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Crouching/Crawling: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Occasionally
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Never
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Never
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of
responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously
the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions
of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by
striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate
accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that
improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team
members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those
needs and continually improving the quality of everything we
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our
knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide
Keywords: Owensboro Health, Owensboro , MANAGER OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE, Other , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!