INFORMATION RELEASE SPECIALIST (Owensboro,KY)
Company: Owensboro Health
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Summary Job SummaryReceives and processes requests for the
medical records (paper & electronic), tracks, fulfills/denies
requests within appropriate timelines, according to Owensboro
Health policies, federal and state regulations and HIPAA
- Documents all requests for health information and the status of
each request in the electronic tracking system.
- Manages requests utilizing a wide variety of software and
applications for health information from patients, third party
payers, and others.
- Verifies each request is valid and has all required elements
prior to sharing health information. Completes letters to accompany
invalid health information requests that are returned to the
- Processes requests in a timely and efficient manner within
established timeline standards, maintaining productivity, quality,
- Responsible for receiving inbound calls and placing outbound
calls related to requests for health information.
- Provides direct customer service to walk-in requests for heath
- Responds to Business Office requests for health
- Collaborates with internal departments to produce and deliver
requested health information.
- Responsible for staying current with all applicable state and
federal laws, HIPAA privacy and security regulations, and system
policies and procedures pertaining to the release of protected
- Locates and retrieves records from archived charts, multiple
computer systems, and offsite storage.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all patient, client, and
facility information at all times, both on and off duty.
- Follows up on incomplete/inaccurate records as
- Copies and releases records to authorized parties.
- Invoices requestors for copies.
- Works in many systems to collect, compile, and release
information in the most appropriate and secured method
- Knowledge of federal and state laws governing the
confidentiality of protected health information (PHI).
- Identifies, analyzes, prioritizes, resolves,e and/or escalate
- High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or
higher required upon hire
- No experience required
- No licensure/certification/registration requiredSkills and
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, detail
orientated, and ability to work in a team environment.Physical
- Standing: Occasionally
- Walking: Occasionally
- Sitting: Frequently
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Never
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Never
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Never
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Never
- Climbing: Rarely
- Bending/Stooping: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Crouching/Crawling: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Occasionally
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Never
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Never
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: FrequentlyOwensboro Health Core
CommitmentsINTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of
responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously
the trust of our patients and coworkers.RESPECT - We value and
accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient,
customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.TEAMWORK
- We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving
together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate
accomplishments and plan the future.INNOVATION - We foster original
ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and
promote the mission of Owensboro Health.SERVICE - We focus on
service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating
their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually
improving the quality of everything we do.EXCELLENCE - We reach
beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness,
produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.
Associated topics: care, health care, hematology, infectious,
licensed vocational nurse, medicine, operating room nurse,
physician, psychologist, therapy
Keywords: Owensboro Health, Owensboro , INFORMATION RELEASE SPECIALIST (Owensboro,KY), Other , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!