Posted on: May 28, 2023
Vodastra Technologies is -seeking a cable technician -to join
our team! You will be resolving cable related issues.
- Previous experience in cabling systems, and/or other related
fields such as:
- Twisted Pair Copper dmarc extensions
- DS3 Coax with BNC dmarc extensions
- Installation of Cat 5e/6 Structured Cabling Systems according
to industry standards such as EIA/TIA, BICSI, NEC
- Ability to connect to network hardware and the Internet using a
- DSL modems, routers, NID splitters and DSL filters
- Identification of different types of voice and data
- Installation of voice switches
- Installation of data network hardware
- 802.11a, b, g, n wireless technologies and surveys without
- 802.11 Wireless Access Point surveys using Mapping Software
(i.e. Air Magnet) with the ability to provide coverage mapping
- T1 ckts, MPLS ckts, DSL ckts, DS3 Ckts
- POTS lines
- Wireless Access Points, Power over Ethernet (Installation)
- Cabling system experience, technical training, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Skills including: installing, configuring, troubleshooting,
programming, and replacing parts as need.
- Knowledge of using -diagnostic tools, service aids, and product
schematics, to assess and resolve equipment and system
- Ability to maintain and complete accurate record keeping and
processing of paperwork.
- Must work well independently, as well as follow
- Ability to handle more than one responsibility at a
- Ability to work under deadline pressures.
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and time
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
Manufacturer Certifications (preferred not required)
- Paging systems (Installation)
- Audio Visual Systems
- Card Access Systems with ability to program panel &
- CCTV Systems (IP/Analog)
- CATV Systems
- As-builts: CAD ---Visio ---Adobe Acrobat Pro
System Certifications (preferred not required)
- Avaya: Partner, Branch, IP Office, Lucent
- Nortel: BCM 50, BCM 200, BCM 400, BCM 450, Norstar, Option
- Samsung: OfficeServ 7030, 7100, 7200, 7400
- Other: Talkswitch---NEC--- Panasonic ---Cisco---Toshiba
Tech MUST have his/her own tools and transportation.
- Cell phone/Smart phone
- Wifi card/ Hotspot Capability
- Standard cabling hand tools (i.e. 66/110 punch down tool, cable
- Buttsett, Toner and Wand
- Multi-meter tester
- Cat5e/6 EIA/TIA Level 3 Certified Tester (i.e. Fluke, Ideal,
- Camera (not integrated into phone)
- Laptop with terminal emulation and IP browser
- Fiber Tester -
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Vodastra, Owensboro , Cable Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...