Company: Healthcare Services Group, Inc.
Posted on: September 12, 2019
CookUS-KY-OWENSBORORequisition ID: 28Overview
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) typically services long term care
and nursing facilities and is now hiring a Cook in your area! HCSG
has a custom, state of the art training program!
- The Cook prepares and serves food including texture modified
and therapeutic diets according to the facility menu.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal,
state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, in line
with our established policies and procedures, and, as may be
directed by the Dining Services Director or Chef, to ensure that
quality food service is provided at all times.
- The Cook assists in assuring proper receiving, storage,
preparation, serving, sanitation, and cleaning procedures are
- The Cook must be detail-oriented, well-groomed, act
professionally and must be a team player who works well with
- The Cook must assist dietary aides as necessary, and, directs
other employees with approval and in the absence of the Dining
- The Cook consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to
drive the Company's Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Specialized
training in foodservice is desirable. May be required to
successfully complete an approved sanitation and safety
- Ability to read, speak and understand English, follow
directions and complete tasks.
- Ability to follow time schedules for meal preparation and
- Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance.
- Dependable, with experience working in facilities utilizing
quantity food production methods.
- General knowledge and understanding of nutrition.
- Ability to read and accurately apply requirements of food tray
- Ability to maintain records and complete reports as
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of quantity food production and serving techniques,
food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, client and other
personnel and the public.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a
maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended
periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities.
Keywords: Healthcare Services Group, Inc., Owensboro , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!