RN Staff Development Coordinator
Company: Chautauqua Health and Rehabilitation
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Chautauqua Health and Rehabilitation is seeking a RN Staff
Development Coordinator to join the team!Responsibilities and
- Provide support to the Director of Nursing with planning,
developing, organizing, implementing and evaluating the nursing
service department, as well as its programs and activities, in
accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that
govern the nursing care facilities.
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and
procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing
- Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other
resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents' total
regimen of care.
- Determine the staffing needs of the nursing service department
necessary to meet the total nursing needs of the residents.
- Supervise and assist scheduling of employees within established
- Ensure that direct nursing care be provided by a licensed
nurse, a CNA, and/or GNA/CMA as applicable, and/or a nurse aide
trainee qualified to perform the procedure.
- Review nurses' notes to ensure that they are informative and
descriptive of the nursing care being provided, that they reflect
the resident's response to the care, and that such care is provided
in accordance with the resident's wishes.
- Incorporate commercially produced instruction material and
training aids into existing in-service programs as deemed
- Provide leadership in formulating the goals and objectives of
the in-service educational programs of this Center.Job Requirements
- Must have experience in supervision and principles, practice of
- Experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an
example of team work and team concept.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deal tactfully
with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must have RN license in StateEQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERThe
Facility is an equal opportunity employer. The Facility does not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap,
disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national
origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by
federal, state, and local laws. The Facility will also make
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made. A key
part of this policy is to provide equal employment opportunity
regarding all terms and conditions of employment and in all aspects
of a person's relationship with the Facility including recruitment,
hiring, promotions, upgrading positions, conditions of employment,
compensation, training, benefits, transfers, discipline, and
termination of employment.
Keywords: Chautauqua Health and Rehabilitation, Owensboro , RN Staff Development Coordinator, Healthcare , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!