MASSAGE THERAPIST (Owensboro,KY)
Company: Owensboro Health
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Summary Job SummaryPerforms all functions related to providing
professional massage services to clients.Job Responsibilities
- Prepares the massage room for professional atmostphere i.e.
lighting, temperatures, aromas, and water elements.
- Ensures proper sanitation of the massage room and
- Performs the massage service according to clients' desired
level of pressure.
- Understands special needs for different populations and
modifies massage techniques appropriately.
- Ability to work with all ages and special populations both on
site and for off site events/healthfairs.
- Upholds all policies and procedures of Owensboro Health while
being responsive and sensitive to individual client needs.
- Ensures professionalism in demeanor and appearance including
neatly trimmed fingernails to prevent scratching.
- Wears Healthpark uniform while performing massage duties.
- Ensures that all clients are comfortable and covered to respect
- Communicates to client to ensure that the technique is
appropriate for client and that the client is comfortable.
- Develops and implements effective administrative client
tracking systems and maintains client records.
- Responds to comments and suggestions on the client evaluation
survey and takes appropriate actions to ensure customer
- Communicates with front desk and clients regarding appointment
scheduling and therapist availability.
- Works closely with the Healthpark Director, Manager of Business
Operations, and Marketing to develop and implement effective
marketing plans and promotions.Qualifications
- High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or
higher required upon hire
- No experience required
- MASSAGE - Licensed as a Massage Therapist in the state of
Kentucky required upon hire AND
- Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid Certification required within
90 days of employment in this positionSkills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Physical Demands
- Standing: Constantly
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Occasionally
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Occasionally
- Climbing: Rarely
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Constantly
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Never
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: FrequentlyOwensboro Health Core
CommitmentsINTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of
responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously
the trust of our patients and coworkers.RESPECT - We value and
accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient,
customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.TEAMWORK
- We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving
together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate
accomplishments and plan the future.INNOVATION - We foster original
ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and
promote the mission of Owensboro Health.SERVICE - We focus on
service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating
their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually
improving the quality of everything we do.EXCELLENCE - We reach
beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness,
produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.
Associated topics: acupressure, aromatheraphy, home care, licensed,
licensed massage, lmt, massage, masseur, reiki, swedish
Keywords: Owensboro Health, Owensboro , MASSAGE THERAPIST (Owensboro,KY), Healthcare , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!