RN / PCU / Kentucky / Travel / Registered Nurse - PCU Job in Owensboro
Company: GIFTED Healthcare
Posted on: March 28, 2020
JOB REQUIREMENTS Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN)
Travel Job Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Registered Nurses care for
patients requiring close monitoring and frequent assessment.
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close
monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren't unstable enough
to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other
vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling
intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a
significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an
intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse,
telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro
stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient??s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and
treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and
interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in
accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned BENEFITS OF
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral
bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a
nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package FACILITY DETAILS
Built in 2013, this 477-bed facility was designed to help patients
receive high-quality care in a comfortable environment. With over 9
stories, it has as many windows that were allowed because natural
light is proven to help aid in healing. It is a verified Level III
Trauma Center, certified Primary Stroke Center, and their emergency
department gets over 66,000 visits a year! This hospital also has
the largest Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the region
and offers a full array of inpatient and outpatient services.
As the fourth-largest city in Kentucky, Owensboro is located on
scenic bend Ohio River in western Kentucky. It is only an hour from
Bowling Green and two hours from Nashville, TN, allowing you do
really do some amazing road trips on your days off. Known as the
"City of Festivals," Owensboro hosts more than 20 annual festivals
including the International Bar-B-Q Festival, Big O Music Fest, or
the River of Bluegrass Music Festival. Explore the International
Bluegrass Music Museum, the world's only facility dedicated to the
history and preservation of the history of the genre that
originated in western Kentucky. If you are into outdoor adventure,
look no further, Owensboro has numerous trails and pools, ice
skating, a sports center, and a 5,000-seat arena.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE GIFTED Healthcare is a company that
believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient
care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare
professionals, and become that difference! Do you remember why you
became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!
Keywords: GIFTED Healthcare, Owensboro , RN / PCU / Kentucky / Travel / Registered Nurse - PCU Job in Owensboro, Healthcare , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!