Accounting Clerk III - Bookkeeper
Company: Daviess County High School
Posted on: May 26, 2023
CLASS CODE: 7163
TITLE: ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST - BUDGET AND ACCOUNTS
CLASSIFICATION: ACCOUNT CLERK III
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. certificate
- Demonstrates and/or develops skills to effectively operate
computer and experience with automated record-keeping systems.
- Demonstrates and/or develops skills related to the position
including accounting skills with at least two years of increasingly
responsible record-keeping experience.
- Must meet the requirements of a criminal record check as
specified by Kentucky State Law.
- Has met health requirements as specified in district personnel
- Such alternatives t the above qualifications as the Board may
find appropriate and acceptable. REPORTS TO:
Director of Finance/Treasurer
To assure the effective operation of Board financial matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform complex and advanced-level accounting duties in the
maintenance of assigned accounts.
- Perform responsible record-keeping duties with a high degree of
skill and accuracy.
- Verify, balance and adjust accounts.
- Process and record accounting transactions accurately.
- Prepare financial statements, profit and loss statements and
other technical financial reporting documents.
- Learn, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations,
policies and procedures related to utility payments and food
- Operate office machines including computer equipment, personal
computer, accounting software and peripherals.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Type at an acceptable rate of speed.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Train and provide work direction to others. CRITICAL
- Advanced clerical accounting principles and techniques involved
in financial record keeping, monitoring and control.
- Estimating, projecting and extending financial and statistical
- Preparation of financial statements and comprehensive
- Applicable section fo Kentucky Administrative Regulations and
other applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal Skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Operation of a computer terminal and other office
- Basic math.
Maintains accurate records:
- Makes journal entries to transfer monies to appropriate
- Prepares appropriate financial reports: Monthly, Yearly and as
requested by the Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent, or
Administrator of Business Affairs.
- Maintains appropriate records pertinent to approved
- Maintains a general working knowledge of payroll.
- Receives and routes all incoming communique' in appropriate
- Plans and completes work on a timely basis.
- Consistently displays self-discipline.
- Cooperates with staff, both certified and classified.
- Promotes job and loyalty to organization by actions which
indicate a spirit of pride for the job and the organization for
- Demonstrates loyalty and dedication to the purposes and goleas
of the Daviess County Public Schools
- Is consistently responsible and displays an attitude of honesty
- Eliminates personal business transactions during work
- Is neat and appropriately dressed.
- Continually improves professional growth.
- Confers with Administrator of Business Affairs and General
Accountant about software related to the maintaining of accurate
- Handles the dissemination of Board Purchase Orders and all
- Files reimbursement claims.
- Reconciles all records related to closing of a fiscal year and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Daviess County High School, Owensboro , Accounting Clerk III - Bookkeeper, Accounting, Auditing , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...