Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Cost AccountantWe are interviewing Cost Accountants with
preferred experience in heavy manufacturing. You will be joining a
team at a worldwide company. With over 65,000 employees in 61
countries and revenues of more than $20B, the company is a global
leader in the metals industry. They are a leader in producing
packaging, building materials, aerospace, automotive metals.Job
ResponsibilitiesThe Plant Cost Accountant handles cost review and
management over specific elements of plant expenditures. Areas of
- Inventories, plant overheads and assisting in the preparation
of plant budgets. That includes the development and reporting of
the department budgets.
- Responsible for accounting of inventories (i.e., coke, pitch,
alumina) and supporting the Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for accounting of inter-company charges and
completion of statistical surveys.Qualifications
- BS Accounting degree required and Master's or CPA/CMA is
- 4-6 years' experience in accounting/finance role
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with SAP programming desirable.Responsibilities
- Strong human relations skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Must be an effective planner with organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Legally able to work for any employer in the US (sponsorship is
not available for this position)
- Supporting management with financial reporting to include
annual budgets and cost control initiatives.
- Complete journal entries to ensure that spending is
- Accurate journal entries each month to record the purchases and
use of raw materials.
- Putting in-place accurate journal entries each month to record
the purchases and use of raw materials.
- Verify accuracy of inventory records by auditing and analyzing
data input, and by periodically observing physical To ensure
adherence to procedures, verifying the accuracy of inventory
records by auditing and analyzing data input is important.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and strategic plans
- Analyze monthly abnormalities in operating results against
budget and historical trends. Highlight current activity, emerging
trends and make recommendations to improve business.
- Understand whether variances to budget are structural or timing
- Understanding the relationship for forecasting performance over
future quarters and the full year.
- Record all secondary material sales transactions and prepare
customer invoices for such sales.Compensation and BenefitsThe total
compensation (base salary and bonus) is between $65,000 and
$85,000+. The closer the candidate matches the experience and
qualifications, the more compensation they may earn. The company
offers a complete suite of benefits that are comparable to the best
in industry. Their relocation assistance is excellent.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Owensboro , Cost Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Owensboro, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!